Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh When The Saints Go Marchin In

For the last two years our friends John and Ivy have been gracious enough to host a Super Bowl Party at their house. This year it was the same ole crew except we had one little addition. All the guys were best friends from high school and have kept in touch since graduation.


John grilled hamburgers and we had several dips, chips, and some good desserts. Katie made her mother-in-laws famous Anytime Dip. I've got to make sure to get that recipe the next time we get together.

And since I had to work and we were in charge of an appetizer and dessert, of course I went to the simple and quick brownie mix. I figured it couldn't be to hard to mess up brownies from a box! And for the appetizer, I used the crock-pot and fixed an easy cream cheese and rotel dip. I'll be sure to post the recipe later. It's a great go to dip if your in a hurry and need to whip up something fast and simple.

Here was our little addition this year. He was not to happy when we first got there. I think he might be going through the whole stranger anxiety??? And for some strange reason he only wanted me to hold him. I was a little surprised by this. He is usually fine when Clay takes him, but not so much tonight. So I have to admit that it was nice to know my little boy still loves his mommy!

John and Ivy...the wonderful hosts and two of the funniest people I know!

Shawn and Katie...this is a couple I honestly LOVE being around. They are genuinely sweet people who love the Lord and are just infectious to be around.


It wasn't too long before this little man was in his pj's and ready to hit the sack.

The outcome of the game was exciting for me. As for the rest of the group they were a little down. I was really excited that the Saints were able to pull out a win. I think this is something that there city really needed. They are the Cinderella team of the season and I'm happy for there players, fans, and hometown. WAY TO GO SAINTS!!!


3 comments :

  1. That looks like a great time, and good food! Yummy, brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I have to admit, I LOVE it when Wyatt only wants me... it is good for a mother's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you, so happy the Saints won!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...