Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bryson's Nursery - Phase One

i can't even begin to describe how excited i am about Bryson's room! the room turned out better than we expected. there are still LOTS of things that need to be done. we are hoping to have the crib up by this weekend and i plan to purchase the rest of the furniture sometime next month. i still have to add a few shelves and we are also putting up a new fan!!

clay did such a wonderful job and i am so proud of him!!! he painted the entire room by himself (he would only let me paint the corners and around the baseboards). with the help of his uncle they added the crown molding and the chair railing. a BIG thanks to uncle carl!

OMGoodness!! i cannot wait for Bryson to get here and see the awesome job his daddy did:)

i hope ya'll like it!






this is where the closet is. we even bought some new faux wooden blinds to put up. the real wooden blinds were way to expensive and the faux wood looks just as good!!




the dresser will be going on this wall. the crown molding and chair railing turned out beautifully!! i can't believe what adding those things can do to a room.




after i took this pic i realized we hadn't put up the new light switches and the switch plate. i am planning to put the changing table and a few shelves i have from the living room on this wall.




this is where Bryson's bed will be going. clay informed me that this is the perfect spot for his crib because he will be able to see right into his room from his recliner in the living room!! i am also planning on putting up this wall art (i think it just sticks to the wall) with Bryson's name on it from this place i found on the internet called vinyl attraction.com.




clay even went as far as painting the doors. they look amazing! everything looks just amazing!! this is a pic of the door into his bedroom.




the brown and blue turned out so awesome!! i tried to match it up with the bedding as best as i could from the pics on the internet. this is another pic of a view from the window.

phase two will pics of the furniture. i probably won't be able to post until sometime in june. like i said in the beginning, we still have alot of work to do, but the hardest part (we think) is done. i cannot wait until August!!!


9 comments :

  1. It looks great! I love the blue color! What is the theme? Also look into www.uppercaseliving.com That is who I bought my letters that spell my daughters name. I also have several other things of theres in my house. It is great! Keep the pics coming:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! It looks so good! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks great and I'm sure Bryson is going to be a very happy camper. It looks amazing and you should be very proud of yourself.

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks GREAT!!! I love the crown molding!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of you both! I love reading the updates and can't wait until I get to hold lil B!

    I love you both!
    Kimbo

    P.S. Clay, great job.. ready to help with our remodel? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! Sooo cute. I'm so excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color scheme you went with! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The room looks amazing!! The colors are great, and the molding makes it look so much more classy!! I really need to look into that for our rooms. Your husband did a great job. Now August I'm sure for you cannot get here fast enough!!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...