Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guacamole, Flutters, and a Heartbeat!

16 weeks
our baby is the size of an avocado!

we had another pregnancy milestone today at our doctor's visit. we were able to HEAR the heartbeat today!! Baby W is beating strong at 162bpm. it was such a wonderful sound to hear for the first time. i never realized how much i would enjoy hearing a beating little heart:) my weight is still an issue. when i went in today i had lost 2 more lbs. my doctor told me i should start feeling a little better in the next week and hopes that i will have gained more weight when i come for my next appointment in a month. guess i better start eating up!!

last night i was helping clay study for a test and all of a sudden i felt this sloshing (it's the only word i could think of) in my tummy. i wasn't sure if it was the baby or not, but come to find out my doctor confirmed to me today that YES that was the baby and what i was feeling were flutters. i guess that is another pregnancy milestone too!! i was so worried that i would miss that first flutter or kick. i can't wait for clay to start feeling what i'm feeling.

tomorrow's the other BIG day! we will know whether Baby W is a boy or a girl. i can't wait. i can finally start picking out colors for the nursery and all that other fun stuff!!

6 comments :

  1. I found your blog through Kellys Korner just randomly. I just had my first baby myself and found your blog interesting. Hope you get to find out what you are having. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was almost hesitant to read your post today. HAHA!! Let me know what time you want to go Friday. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!! Congrats!! I can't wait to hear the big news...boy or girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm due in July...love the crib:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad everything is going well with your baby. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...