Saturday, February 21, 2009

Award!






mary @ running the halls gave me this honest scrap award. i love to get awards! well this is only the second one i've received, but i still love to receive them.
here are the rules: 1). list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep. 2). pass the award on to 7 other bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
1. i am one of those people that you see and probably make fun of that sings at the top of her lungs while driving down the road. i love to sing and always have. and if i hear a song on the radio that i like and know the words too you can bet i'll be having a concert in my car:)
2. my junior year of high school my friend asked me to try out with her for the girls basketball team. i did and i was the only one that tried out that did not make the team. how embarrassing is that? i think my dad was pretty embarrassed himself seeing as he played basketball his whole high school career and got a scholarship to play basketball. needless to say i stuck with cheerleading!!
3. i am so OCD when it comes to folding towels. i like them folded and put up in the closet a certain way. my poor husband has tried several times to fold them but has since given up because i always go back and refold them.
4. at one time in my life i was a blonde. shocking i know. i went thru this phase in my early twenties where i wanted to die my hair blonde. of coarse my husband who was my boyfriend at the time loved it, but my brother always said i was going thru an early mid-life crisis.
5. i am a big fan of the Biggest Loser. and every tuesday night you can bet that at least three times while watching the show i will cry like a baby. my husband just sits there and makes fun of me, but i can't help it that show is so amazing and it is so awesome to watch the lives that are changed every week that goes by.
6. if i was not a nurse i would be a crime scene investigator. i LOVE CSI (all three of them to be exact) and i can't get over how cool their jobs are. don't get me wrong i love my job and helping kids, but come on who would not want a job where you get to try and figure out murders and get to play in a lab all day. FUN FUN FUN!!!
7. after high school i received a two year full paid scholarship to a local community college where i lived. after that i attended the University of Auburn where i changed my major FIVE times. that's right five times. and the sad part is i did not finish at Auburn. i went on to attend a two year college where i got my ADN in nursing. all in all that was 6 years of college for a two year degree.
8. my favorite food is mexican. i could eat it for every meal. there is an awesome place in Fort Worth, TX where my dad lives that is to die for. they have the best chips and salsa but for the life of me i cannot remember the name of the restaurant.
9. if i had the extra money i would buy a beach house and live there all summer. it's just always so relaxing and the views are amazing.
10. i am so excited about becoming a first time mom. i cannot wait for august to get here!! but i must admit that i am a little nervous. my husband and i are about to become responsible for a little baby girl or boy that will rely completely on us. and with all the stuff you read on the internet and see on the news about are immunizations safe for your child or should you feed your baby organic food verses conventional food? all these things that my mother twenty-seven years ago did not have to worry about, now i am having to question. and as a pediatric nurse i feel that i have a little more knowledge about certain things and feel responsible to know what is best for my child.
i only have 3 people to pass this along too:

heather, my friend and coworker
lianna, my blogger friend
jillian, my friend and coworker

2 comments :

  1. I am soooo with you on both the singin' in the car, and on the towels being folded properly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog they meant so much to me.

    I think its funny that you said you'd be a CSI investigator I used to say the same thing and then I ended up as a Peds nurse.... whats with us Peds nurses and crime scenes?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...