Thursday, September 6, 2012

Safe in His Arms

Yesterday afternoon I was feeding Jaxon and watching Bryson play with his cars in the kitchen when I heard the song by Phil Wickham, Safe. And then it happened. I was overcome with all this emotion and the water works started flowing.

With a new school year starting, my twitter feed is filled with all these mommy's getting their sweet ones ready for their first day of pre-k or the start of their very first day of BIG school. And that got me thinking. I don't have my babies for too much longer. I'm going to blink my eyes and then it will be my turn to make those cute little signs for them to have their picture taken with remembering their first day of school. I'll be packing lunches and putting M&M's in Bryson's lunch because gifts are his love language.

It also made me realize that I won't be able to protect them anymore. Here at home they are Safe. I have my eye on them almost all the time (except for those times when I go and hide in the closet because I need one quite minute to myself only to find that Bryson is trying to get his brother to try a bite of his pb&j sandwich). Honestly is scares the daylights out of me to send them off by themselves and worry every minute if they are making friends, did they sit by themselves at lunch, are they being made fun of because they don't fit in? I want so badly for them to be kept away from all those hurts and disappointments in life that I know they are going to face someday soon. REAL SOON! My mommy heart breaks for those future moments.

And while that song was playing I heard these words, this is the promise He made; He will be with You always; When everything is falling apart; You will be safe in His arms.

Those are the words I will cling to when I send them off into the world. I will remember the promise God made that He will keep them safe and watch over them.

 
The Lord will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121: 7-8






No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...