Wednesday, September 12, 2012

mid week: brain dump

I haven't been able to write out a lot of posts the past few weeks. I think our computer is on it's last leg, so I'm having to wait until my work week to blog. So today I thought I would just do a brain dump of some of the things that are going on.

1. Last week I realized that we haven't had any (good) pictures made since Jaxon was born. I had a little bit of mom guilt about it, so I texted some of my girlfriends to find out a few of the photographers they use. I decided to go with Leigh Ann. Y'all I can't wait to work with her. And what's even better is that she had a spot open next Saturday! Eeeek!

2. And with the pictures coming up, I've been in panic mode to find us all something to wear. I think I've got the boys figured out, now just finding something for mommy and daddy.

3. I have got to get better at using my Erin Condren life planner. I said last year that I would use it a lot more this year and I haven't been doing a good job so far.

4. I've been struggling for a while about when is the best time to teach Bryson about sticking up for himself. Clay and I go back and forth a lot about this topic. This week Bryson has told us several times about other boys hitting him at school. And yesterday I talked with his teachers and I think it's just more of 3 year olds being 3 year olds. It's not really kids bullying one another, but I'm trying to find that balance of teaching him to stand up for himself and not to be the kid that picks a fight because some one took the toy you were playing with.


5. Jaxon is into playing peek-a-boo. By himself I might add. Clay and I will catch him while he's on his play mat and he'll grab his blanket and pull it over his head and then start giggling or making some cute little noise so you will come over there and pull it off his face. It's the funniest thing!

6. I'm getting ready to start my new work schedule at the first of October. I'm really excited about it! For those of you that don't know, I work night shift at a local hospital here in town and for the last five years have worked seven on seven off. But starting in October I'll just be working 5 days every other week. This will give me more time at home with the boys, which is something I've always wanted to do! I'm really looking forward it!!!

7. Of course this brain dump couldn't go without talking about college football. Since it is that time of year! It's not looking so good for my Auburn Tigers this year. Last weeks game was a disappointment. I'm afraid this is going to be a VERY LONG SEASON! But you can bet that my boys will be dressed in their game day outfits each week no matter if we win or loose.

1 comment :

  1. My boys will be dressed in their Auburn gear win or lose as well! At least we got a win today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...