Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bryson's Bible Verses {1 and 2}

Last month when we had pre-school orientation for Bryson I remember getting so excited when Mrs. Coffey told us that the boys and girls would be learning Bible verses throughout the school year. Teaching Bryson verses from the Bible has not been something I've been very good at. And I'm disappointed in myself for slacking in that part of his life. It wasn't until I was older that I realized how important it is to know scripture. And I desperately want him to know Gods' word and know it at a young age.

So Bryson's second week of school he comes home and in his folder is his first memory verse. There is no time frame that the kids have to memorize it by. We worked on it everyday that week and I wasn't sure if he was quite ready to recite it to Mrs. Coffey so I let him take the weekend to practice some more. Well little did I know on Sunday night before school I was looking in his folder and saw where he had a 100% next to his memory verse. Sure enough when I asked him the next morning if he had told his teacher his Bible verse he said "yeah mama!" I couldn't believe it! :) I think I was more shocked that he took the initiative to tell his teacher that he was ready to say his verse. My mama heart was really proud of him!


I wanted to document the verses that he learns this year. His first verse is Genesis 1:1. I'll go ahead and warn you that he gets a little animated saying them. :) Oh, and I love how he says "Genesis of 1:1."


His second verse he learned is John 1:3.


I'm just amazed at how quickly he is learning these! And as a mother my heart is so full listening to him recite these verses. I'm so proud of you Bryson!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...